Deputy Political Editor, Sunday Express (April 2022 - Current role)
• Writing news and features for the Sunday Express and leaders for the Daily Express, two of the UK’s leading newspapers.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• I specialise in politics in the broadest sense, including health, education, transport, welfare reform, business, foreign affairs and the economy.
• I build lasting relationships with senior figures in government, business, public services and academia
• I help lead the Sunday Express’ political coverage, advising the Editor and other senior staff and taking part in editorial meetings.
• I commission content from journalists and outside contributors including senior politicians.
• I create online content for mobile, tablet and PC/Mac. I’m experienced in use of content management systems and analytics tools. I can edit content directly in HTML if needed.
• I have created and managed a newsletter using the Pure360 content management system.
• I host and chair online video events, including hustings and interviews.
• I am primarily a writer but I also shoot and edit video, source photographs and take part in podcasts.
Midlands Political Editor, Reach PLC (2021 - 2022)
Created and edited a new email newsletter
Regional Political Editor, Reach PLC (2014 - 2021)
Lobby correspondent covering the West Midlands and North East
Political Editor, Birmingham Post and Mail (2003 - 2014)
Political Correspondent, Birmingham Post (2001 - 2003)
Education Correspondent, Birmingham Post (1999 - 2001)